REGULAR MEEING ADRIAN BOARD OF EDUCATION, AUGUST 19, 2013
Board Chair Lonneman called the regular meeting of the Adrian Board of Education to order at 6:02 P.M. on August 19, 2013. Members present Bullerman, Kruger, Kunkel, Lonneman, Tweet and Wolf. Also present Superintendent Graff, Principals Christensen and Lofthus, David Vortherms, and Monica Horn.
Board Member Lenz was absent.
Motion by Tweet, seconded by Kunkel to appoint Wolf as acting Clerk in Member Lenz’s absence, motion carried.
Motion by Tweet, seconded by Kunkel to approve agenda items adding City Electronic Billboard and Maternity Leave Requests to agenda, motion carried.
Motion by Wolf, seconded by Kruger to approve the minutes from the July meeting, motion carried.
Member Lenz arrived at 6:07 pm.
Motion by Kunkel to approve the claims and accounts for the month of July seconded by Kruger, motion carried.
Dave Vortherms presented the custodial report.
• Gave an update on the three Elementary air conditioning units. Slayton Plumbing submitted the lowest quote.
• Gave Science Room update, the furniture has been installed, a few minor details need to be completed yet.
• Gave update on weed control and spraying. Batcheller’s is recommending another spray this fall to get control over the weeds. Board gave consent to proceed.
• All fuel barrels are full. Superintendent Graff presented the July 31, 2013 reports.
Motion by Wolf, seconded by Kunkel to approve the account balances for the month of July, motion carried.
Mr. Lofthus presented the Elementary Principal’s report.
• First day of school went well.
• Announced that Ms Radisewitz has resigned her position as a paraprofessional.
• Have hired three additional paraprofessionals
• Enrollment at approximate 265 with 42 students in Kindergarten
Mr. Christensen presented the Middle/High School Principal’s report.
• He stated that the first day went well also.
• Presented volunteer coaches for the following:
.Football – Reid Strand and Tom Sandager.
Motion by Kunkel, seconded by Kruger to approve, motion carried.
. Wrestling – Jake Dorn, Bruce Loosbrock and Tyler Bullerman.
Motion by Lenz, seconded by Dave Bullerman to approve, motion carried.
. Golf – Charlie Henning and Steve Elias.
Motion by Lenz seconded by Kruger to approve, motion carried.
• The football Chain Gang wishes to purchase a sign and donate to the district for the football field, motion by Wolf, seconded by Kunkel to approve sign and accept donation, motion carried.
• The Red Rock Conference dues went up $10 per sport • Volleyball and Boys Basketball are getting uniforms out of rotation. Their respective activity fund will pay for these and will begin the new seven-year replacement rotation.
Mr. Graff presented his Superintendent’s report:
• Presented a revised Integration Revenue Budget for the Fiscal Year 2014. Motion by Lenz, seconded by Wolf to approve revised budget, motion carried.
• Reviewed and explained the new MDE Principal’s evaluation process. Motion by Wolf, seconded by Kunkel to approve the new evaluation process for Principals, motion carried.
• Explained the new Teacher evaluation process a this at a later date.• Announced the auditors will be in the district next week.
• Presented the Truth in Taxation date at Monday December 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM. Motion by Kruger, seconded by Lenz to approve date, motion carried.
• Presented information on a Community Billboard that the city is proposing to put up and looking for donations.
. Presented Maternity leave requests for Lindsay Lonneman, Terri Vollink, Kerri Baker, Cate Koehne Motion by Wolf seconded by Bullerman to accept leave requests, motion carried.
Motion by Wolf, seconded by Bullerman to adjourn the August meeting of the Adrian Board of Education at 6:46 P.M., motion carried.
Mark Lonneman, Chairperson Ed Lenz, Clerk/Treasurer